Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful for Uncle Jayson

This Thanksgiving, we were very thankful that Uncle Jayson got to come back "home" and spend a few days with us!  Karsyn was so excited to see him, she wanted to wake him up the first morning he was here!!  We went in his bedroom and she was too bashful to say, "WAKE UP" like she normally does!  Little did we know, Uncle Jayson was already awake and scared us both!!  LOL!!  Karsyn started crying and wouldn't let go of me!!  But, Uncle Jayson knows just how to get her in a better mood.......PRESENTS!!  LOL  He brought her birthday gift with him, and she instantly wanted to get in the floor and play blocks with him!! 

Jayson and I went around and saw some of our loved ones we have lost over the years.  Neither one of us had seen them in several years, so it was really special to be able to go with my big brother to visit the family we love and miss terribly.

Here we are visiting our Great Grandma Clark.  Mark and I live just under a mile from her house, and everyday, I am reminded how great of a woman she was!!!

Uncle Goebel.....man, I really miss this man!!  I have so many great memories growing up so close to him.  He will always have a special place in my heart.


Uncle Silas...he was my favorite great uncle!  My fondest memory of him is when I was in high school and while driving home, every once in a while I would see him parked on the side of the road.  When I got closer, I realized he was washing his pick-up with the sprinkler that was shooting out into the road!!!  He said it was the best free car wash around!  He sure was a special man!!


I just wish that Karsyn would have had the chance to grow up around these amazing people like I did.  They, along with all my other family members, showed me how to love and be loved!  I am thankful Karsyn has family that will teach her the same things!

Jayson and I reminiscing while looking through some of our stuff from high school!  We fought a lot during those times, but we had a lot of really good memories too....I wouldn't change those days for anything.....well, maybe I would change when he would tie a rope around my ankles and drag me around the house!!  LOL

Uncle Jayson and Karsyn building "Karsyn's Castle" with her blocks!  She still asks about her castle, but we can't build one as good as he did.  He's gonna have to come back and build another one for her!

Just hanging out!

Karsyn kept putting her bear in the castle!  It was his home!

Reading a bedtime story!

Jayson and I found our old rocking chairs and he gave Karsyn his too, so she had one for her and one for her bear!


Watching Mickey Mouse in her new rocking chair!

 
We sure enjoyed our visit.  We can't wait til the next time he makes that 8 hour drive to come stay with us again!  Every once in a while, Karsyn will ask if Uncle Jayson is awake and we have to remind her he went home.  She sure loves her uncle!!  I hope she has a special relationship with him like I do with my uncles.  We love you Uncle Jayson!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment