Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine Surprises

This was Karsyn's 2nd Valentine's Day, but her 1st one that she could help with!!  My mom and I decided we would help Karsyn make Daddy and Grandpa a special Valentine's Day dinner!  So, after her nap, I got her all dressed up (obviously, not thinking clearly) and we started making the chocolate cake!!  After the batter was all mixed up, we gave Karsyn the beater and let her go to town!!  My mom used to give Jayson and I each a beater when she would make stuff and let us eat it, so I knew I would do the same thing for my little girl when she was old enough, and sure enough....she LOVED it just like I did as a kid!!!



She was so happy when we let her hold it!!


She is cleaning it off for sure!!


Maybe on a chocolate high here!!!  LOL

So, there is where you can see I made a huge mistake by getting her dressed BEFORE we were done making the cake!!  It was all over her outfit!  So, I stripped her down, got her all cleaned up, and threw her clothes in the washer real quick so they would be done and she would be all dressed up AGAIN for when they walked through the door!!!  


She got hungry while we were waiting for the cake to finish baking, so we sat down for a quick snack! 


Once the clothes were washed and dried, I hurried up and got her all dressed up again just in time for Daddy to walk in the door!!  Whew....it was close!!!  Oh, and look......I FINALLY got her hair up in a Pebbles ponytail!!!  LOL!!  Poor thing, doesn't have much hair, but she finally has enough I can do this!!!  I thought it was adorable!!! 



Waiting very patiently for supper to be ready!!

The cake got done before they got home, and they were very surprised with our masterpiece!!!  As you can tell, I'm not much of a decorator (actually, it was my very first attempt at doing any kind of cake decorating, so don't make fun of it!), but with Karsyn's help, it was definitely made with love!!!!



She had enough of the bow and pulled it out!!


While we were waiting for Grandma to finish dinner, we went ahead and gave Karsyn her card and present from us! 
Reading the card with Daddy

Her monkey!!!

Awww....so sweet!!!  Giving him kisses!!

I think she likes the monkey!!

After a fabulous supper of Pork Chops, we enjoyed our cake and ice cream!!  I'm pretty sure Karsyn was enjoying the whole experience as well!!!

Showing her personality!!  She loves making faces!

She is a chocolate LOVER!

Valentine kisses for Daddy!!!


Yummmmmm!!

Daddy took it away  :(

Little did she know he was giving it back to her with more chocolate!!!  


All-in-all, Valentine's Day was a success!!  I really enjoyed her help with the cake, even though all she did was eat and make a mess!!  It was so worth it!  I cherish these times with her, and hope we can make many more Valentine Surprises for Daddy!!!

1 comment: