Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Wow!!  I can't believe it has been over 5 weeks since I posted last.  I'm so sorry to any followers we may have out there.  Karsyn keeps us extremely busy.....

Mother's Day weekend was full of surprises!!  First off, I turned 6 months old on Friday, the 7th....and SURPRISE...woke up with a horrible wheez and cough.  It was so loud, and it scared Mommy half to death.  She tells me that she was really close to taking me to the ER.  But, we knew the dr.'s office opened at 8:30, so we were there at 8:20 waiting to be seen.  While we were there, they weighed me and my official 6 month weight was 15 pounds, 3 ounces.  I am steadily gaining weight, which is what we like to see with my spit-up issues that they say I have.  The dr. decided to do a chest x-ray, and thank goodness it came back clear.  I just had a bronchial infection, so breathing treatments 3 times a day for 5 days and an oral steroid for 6 days.  We are almost done with the breathing treatments, and we are both extremely happy!!  I hate them!!  LOL!! 




SURPRISE #2:

We decided to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house to surprise my Great-Grandparents since it was Mother's Day!!  They had never met me, so it was a much needed visit!!  My Great-Grandma had been ill, so I was unable to be around her, but she is 100% now, so Great Grandma and Grandpa, here we come!!!  We had a fabulous weekend, even though I was still sick.  I got a little cranky at times, but for the most part, was in a very good mood, and loved all the attention!! 


Hi Great Grandpa Irvin!!!

I'm so happy to finally meet you, Great Grandma Geneva, so I can get lots of kisses from you!!!

SURPRISE #3:

Grandma and Grandpa bought me some new stuff to take home, and I absolutely LOVE them!!!  First there was a high chair waiting on me!!!


And then, they also bought me a Jumper!!  Now this thing gives me entertainment for a long time, and I love to jump and twist in it!!!


SURPRISE #4:

I even got to surprise my Uncle J!!  He had no idea I was coming to see him!!!


SURPRISE #5:

I got to take lots of naps with people....shhhh...Don't tell Mommy...she's still not quite comfortable with me sleeping in bed with the big people.....


SURPRISE #6:

I got to take my 6 month pictures while we were there!!  Mommy can't believe how much I have grown over the last 6 months!!



Grandma even got a picture of me in the process of spitting-up!!  GROSS!!!

Here's my 2 teeth that I show off all the time now!!!!  Aren't they pretty?!?!

That does it for the surprises, and then it was time to head back home.  I just had to sit with Great Grandma and Grandpa one last time before we left!!  Man, I love them two!!!!!


I love you guys and I will see you in 3 weeks on Memorial Day weekend!!  I can't wait to check out this lake that everybody keeps talking about!!  I've already got my swimsuit packed and ready to go!!!!  Don't worry, for those of you who won't be with us to see me in my little bitty bikini, mom will take lots of pictures, I'm sure of it!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, she's adorable in her Pokes get up and I can't believe that massive spit up!

    ReplyDelete